Wednesday, December 19, 2007

病気しょたので、ちょっと大変です

久しぶりですね! It's been quite a while since the last update, around 3 weeks I think, just before my JLPT 3. I've been sick these days so I haven't really got any mood to update. Err.... ok so I wasn't really that sick, but still I didn't find any urge to write, and hence keep pushing off this update till I found time to burn. As for the JLPT, it wasn't as easy as I had hoped (or expected), so I'm not expecting high marks like how I scored over 90% for the JLPT 4. I'll settle for a pass, so hopefully I'll have something to celebrate come next May when the results are out.
Finally got myself a new laptop too! I've been working on a lot of multimedia related assignments lately, and using processor extensive applications like Premiere or Photoshop on my previous laptop was murder. On countless occasions I nearly flung my mouse onto my old laptop monitor because the darn thing hung at the most crucial moments. Well, at least she's served me well for nearly 4 years now. Hew new sister, also from NEC, boasts the following specs:
Not everything's the same though, as in I only have 200 GB worth of harddisk space, and that I'm using Vista home edition. Vista's been a pain in the ass, due to some bugs with software built for xp. I even lost my itunes stats, because Vista's using a new form of storing and archiving documents, and a stupid bug made me delete my documents. Solved that now, but my statistical data is lost forever. DAMNIT. At least I can play the next gen games on my living room TV now.
Berryz Koubou's released their new single this month, named Tsukiatteru no ni Kataomoi (付き合っているのに片思い). It's another lively song, and as much as I love the costumes I thought the dance sequence sucked. I've never been a fan of those knee jerk movements. The song is catchy enough though, so can't really complain. Another bright spark to note is that Sugaya Risako's really looking fantastic in the PV. She's looking much more feminine than before, especially when compared to the other members (such as Momoko...argh). It's amazing when you see these H!P artists start from such a young age, and grow up to be an adult within such a short time. And usually, the transformation is really incredible. Just take Kusumi Koharu for example. From a audition try out to become the current front girl and face of Morning Musume...... simply amazing.

L-77 Star is a newly established company in Singapore, bring to us a variety of anime related education programmes, such as the Seiyuu (voice actor) course, which is due to commence very soon. Also on its agenda is a free anime newsletter, set to be ready early next year. This is really good news for anime fans in Singapore, as the newsletter covers articles on the latest anime series, games and consoles, cosplay information, and even tells you about places in Japan such as Akihabara. Keep a look out for this newsletter coming your way soon.
About the Voice Actor Course: You don't need to have an exceptional voice in order to be a voice actor. In the course of a year, each and every student will discover their own special voice. Students will acquire the basics of physical stamina, sense of rhythm, breathing methods and other skills. Following that, students will gain a wide variety of performance techniques that enable them to act in all kinds of scenes. If you're interested in providing voices for future anime titles to be released all over the world, do give their site a visit and provide support for the local anime production efforts.

News of next year's Kamen Rider series have surfaced! Kamen Rider Kiba (仮面ライダーキバ or Masked Rider Fang) is the title for the 2008 Kamen Rider series produced by Toei Company and Ishimori Productions. Nothing is currently known about its plot or characters. It premieres on January 27, 2008, following the finale of Kamen Rider Den-O. It will be a part of TV Asahi's 2008 Super Hero Time block with Engine Sentai Go-onger. Current advertisements suggest a horror film theme to the series, with the motif for Kamen Rider Kiba as a vampire, and also feature a second Rider tentatively named Kamen Rider Hunter (仮面ライダーハンター). First impression of this Kamen Rider, is surprisingly good. That's because the first impression of the previous 2 seasons (Kabuto and Den-O) have been less warmly received due to radical new designs. So far, Kiba's looking good and more pics to come in the next few updates.
Engine Sentai Go-onger (炎神戦隊ゴーオンジャー, Enjin Sentai Gōonjā, Engine Squadron Go-onger) is the title of Toei Company's thirty-second Super Sentai series of Japanese tokusatsu television dramas. Nothing else is currently known concerning characters or cast. It is scheduled to premiere on February 17, 2008 following the finale of Juken Sentai Gekiranger. It will air as part of TV Asahi's 2008 Super Hero Time block alongside Kamen Rider Kiba. The motif of this series is animals and the motor industry. Gekiranger's the 1st Sentai show I've really gotten into (the only one which doesn't put me off as being to kiddy), so I'm pretty sad to see it end. It was great while it lasted, so I'll have to see whether this new series will become a must watch series for me. I doubt so, but we'll see.
Another entry completed. Will take another rest while I think of new stuff to write. Most probably this wait won't take too long, because there are lots of announcements and events happening both in Tokusatsu and anime lately. Until then, I'm ending off with a current fave song, called "Koko ni iru yo" (ここにいるよ) by SoulJa feat. Thelma Aoyama .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are not right. I can prove it. Write to me in PM, we will communicate.