Wednesday, July 30, 2008

妹との素敵な結婚式

Its been a busy week since I'm currently on course, hence the failure to update the previous week. Too much has been happening since then till around end this week, so there really isn't much motivation to write, especially when I get home relatively late these days. Not to mention the traffic these days are so terrible I'm frustrated most of the time due to either jams or congestion. Some of my relatives were in town from half way round the world to attend my sister's wedding, and pictured in the 2 photos you see here is Trisha, my 8 year old cousin from New York. It's the first time I've actually seen her, but what's cool is that we hit off like old pals due to similar interests, and perhaps language as my other relatives mostly spoke to her in cantonese, which I fail at. Her English might possibly be better than mine, but thanks to years of exposure to Hollywood media I can hold my own with American slang. Trisha constantly has her Ipod Nano and Nintendo DS around her, and I helped her to clear a few levels of Super Mario DS too, explaining to her in the meantime that I beat the original Super Mario Bros on the NES back when I was her age.

As for my sister's wedding, it was simply put one of the most glamorous and well planned weddings I've ever attended. Summer and Xavier spent months planning it, and it was executely flawlessly. From the free sms to screen messaging service to the costume party, video and live singing to the disco session after the dinner, everything was perfect. The door gift for each guest was a CD with a song they wrote, composed, and performed, all done professionally in a studio. There was free beer, a best message contest, a best dressed costume contest, and so much more. Among the costumed guests were Robin Hood, Captain Hook, Hercules and his girl, a pink mermaid, and so much more. Really amazing. And since they're leaving to Sweden for 3 years next week, many wished for a made-in-Sweden baby from them. From Sean and Mabel, do take care and please send pictures and update us back home often. Don't worry about home too much, and mum would be pleased with another grandchild. :)

Cleared the Upper Intermediate Japanese Language class 2 weeks ago, and sad to say our new teacher Sawada Chiaki sensei only taught us for 1 module before having to leave us. Well, it was good news really. Not that she wasn't a good teacher. She wasn't very experienced (I think she's around my age actually), but it was really interesting talking to her as she speaks real fast and treats us like native speakers. She's leaving us because she's pregnant, and will be leaving Singapore for her hometown in Japan to rest and concentrate on being a good mother-to-be. We wish her all the best, and hope that she'll bring a lively baby back from Japan and pay us a visit soon! For the rest of us taking JLPT2, ganbatte!

Next week marks the opening of the 2 Tokusatsu movies from Kamen Rider Kiva and Engine Sentai Go-Onger. Both series are nearly the mid point now, and the good news is that I'm still not giving up on either series. Kiva, however, is quite a disappointment. The story doesn't really pick up even after so long, and the only reason why I'm still watching is due to half of the plot, which talk about the events from 1986. I'm curious as to how the events in the past take place and shape the future, but on the other hand the plot in 2008 suck so much I'd rather skip them altogether if possible. Hopefully the movie is better but I really doubt so. On the other hand, Go-Onger is also facing a stump in the story, and if there is no progression within the next few episodes things will start to go downhill too. At least there are still things to look forward to in the upcoming few episodes.

High-King (ハイ・キング) is a Japanese idol group within Hello! Project. The group was created to promote Morning Musume's upcoming rendition of Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella, titled Cinderella the Musical (シンデレラ the ミュージカル). Their sound is said to have an R&B feel, and the members include Tanaka Reina & Takahashi Ai (from Morning Musume)Shimizu Saki (from Berryz Kobou), Yajima Maimi (from ℃-ute), and Maeda Yuuka (from Hello Pro Egg). The group is made up of members from other Hello! Project groups. It is unknown whether this group will be a temporary unit, or will continue to produce singles after the musical. The High-King leader is currently Reina. Check out the PV for C\C (Cinderella\Complex) here.


The new trailer for the Ultraman Brothers movie has also just been released. Things are looking good and I'm resisting an urge to pre-order the DVD from Amazon Japan. Good thing is that if I pre-order, I can watch the movie ahead of people outside of Japan, but bad thing is that I'll need to watch the movie without any subs and that can be quite distracting.... That's it for this week. I'll end off with one of the funniest videos I've watched recently. Do make sure you've watched the Dark Knight before watching this though. Ja!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

No comments: