Sunday, March 22, 2009

これから、忙しくなって行くそうです。。。

The weekends always seem to fly by so fast. Work's getting more interesting too, but also busier and more frustrating at times. Well, coupled with the fact that I need to ferry both Mabel and Rena around makes the evenings seem even shorter. At least we can visit Rena almost everyday, and watching her slowly grow up is one of the most motivating things that we do these days.
Rena's staying with my in-laws during the weekdays, and comes home during Friday evenings, and back there on Monday mornings. Our time with her is comparably shorter than before, so that's why we have to cherish each and every minute with her. Until both of us settle down in work and become more comfortable with the timings, we'll stick to this routine before planning to take her home and a more frequent basis.
My previous blog entry on the Dragonball Evolution review was submitted to a few popular websites dedicated to the movie. These sites were updated on all the news and were my sources of information before the premiere of the movie. After I linked my blog to one of the entries there, my blog received a spurt of visitors. 357 views in less than 2 hours. Not too bad, and eventually I had over 1500 views in day. Pretty amazing, but I wished that the movie was better so that my review can actually promote it. Well, I'm not too keen on a sequel but a reboot sounds so much better.
My package from Hobbylink finally arrived this week. Not too big a parcel since it only consists of 8 figures. 5 from the latest batch of Legend Rider series and the remaining 3 from the Kiva series which have eluded me for the past few months. It's getting harder to get my stuff since I rarely visit the toy stores these days, and I even have uncollected goods for months.
The Legend Riders also includes the Ganbaride cards which can be used at both the arcade game and as well as the DX Decadriver, which I was tempted to get by in the end aborted due to the price. Still, pretty cool that I can own some of the cards which are seen in the show. More on Kamen Rider Decade below.
One of the few good things which came out of the Dragonball Evolution movie was perhaps the theme song by Hamasaki Ayumi. The track is named Rule, and was used because the Director wanted a Japanese song to represent the movie. He should have gotten more people such as scriptwriters and such. Anyway, I thought the PV was pretty cool, and I was even tempted to get a tatoo after watching. But I might not have a home to return to after that, so it might not be such a good idea after all.
Berryz Kobo (Berryz工房) released their 19th single last week, named "Dakishimete Dakishimete" (抱きしめて 抱きしめて). Like most of their songs, it's a really fast paced song and I fell in love with it almost instantaneously. Great rythm and beat, and the PV isn't too bad either. I'm looking forward to more of the hits than the other Hello! Project acts currently.

I've already completed Resident Evil 5 on the PS3 for a while now, but I'm still playing the game every now and then whenever I can afford the time, because there are still loads of goodies to unlock. I'm trying to get more bonus points to unlock costumes, and also getting myself familiar with the different stages of Mercenaries mode in other to unlock more characters and stages to be used in the said mode. Also, I need lotsa cash to upgrade my weapons to obtain infinity ammo in the main story mode. Well, good replay value for money I suppose.

The 9th episode of Kamen Rider Decade was broadcasted in Japan this morning. 10 episodes in, and we've already seen our protagonist visit a few worlds, namely from Kuuga, Kiva, Ryuki, and Blade. Next up, Faiz World (picture above). Although in an alternate dimension, it's still cool seeing the suits and the newly upgraded henshin sequences (with the same poses too). The final form rides seem a little extreme, more to cash in on the toy line, which is pretty elaborate considering that it's all linked through the barcode cards and arcade games. You can't possibly collect all the cards for use with your belt unless you collect ALL the toys in the different series and lines. Really, collectors and parents in Japan are going to have a hard time getting all these cards. Not cheap, too.
I've already watched the newly released DVD movie, Engine Sentai Go-onger vs. Gekiranger: The Movie (劇場版 炎神戦隊ゴーオンジャー VS ゲキレンジャー). Well, mostly the action scenes anyway. It's been a while since we last saw the Gekirangers so it was pretty nostalgic watching them fight along with the Go-ongers. While the movie ended with the current and past 2 season's red rangers, I've not been following Samurai Sentai Shinkenger at all. Hopefully I'll read some good things about them and come back later. That's all for this week. I'm working on a new Rena video, so check back soon to see it. Ja!
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

No comments: