Sunday, September 10, 2006

ウルトラマンラーの第二誕生日おめでとうございます

It's been a week full of meeting friends, old and new, and having a nice dinner of some catching up and talking about the good old days. First, I met up with the ex-instructors of my days as an instructor in OCS, at Thai Express in Holland Village. I had a hard time getting there though. Mabel, my usual vehicle commander had to attend a company dinner so I was off alone to meet the guys. I spent 20 minutes wandering in the car parks trying to get a slot, and in the end I gave up and parked at a HDB multi storey car park and walked over to Holland Village, which wasn't that far. At least my knowledge of roads in Singapore is slowly building up.

We didn't manage to take any pictures, but promised each other to meet up more often. It was fun talking about the fun we had together as instructors, and although almost all of us have since left OCS, those times we shared we unforgettable. We could forget Simon's mambo dances, Peng Pork's crappy jokes and mosquito impersonations, Tang's birthday cake and shoulder dislocation incident, JJ's quail in a box stunt, Simon Lee striking fear into the cadets' hearts, Eden's pail over-the-head dance move, Harvey's red card collection (from Wing Comd), Azmie's Ryan Sim Lye Guan and Lim Siow Lye confusion, Raymond's outfield cooking expertise, Ryan's ATS syndrome, Sam's "What time are you going to sleep tonight", and many many other memorable events and people. We even met Jack in the restaurant though let's hope to have another gathering soon, this time with more people who missed out on this one.

Second gathering this week was for a major event! We celebrated Ultraman Lah's second anniversary, and as well as Ian and Adrian's birthdays! Sadly, Ian couldn't turn up due to a sudden personal commitment, but the rest of us turned up in full force for this joyous occasion. We had a sumptious Japanese dinner in a function room, courtesy of Tony for booking and letting us know of this restaurant, and Veron for recommending the nice dishes since the menu's totally in Japanese. Yes, I could read it but still having no pictures I can't really tell what is what.

After dinner we present to Adrian a Ultraman Lah customised cake! It looked fantastic and we even gave it the 2 candles to represent the site's 2nd anniversary. There were also a bunch of presents to be given to our birthday boy Adrian, and it even included a ultra-sexy red thong thingy which baffled us on how anyone's able to wear that thing. Sadly no pictures as of this writing but perhaps I'll update this post at a later time. The cake tasted great and I got the portion with the word "Lah" on it (refer to top pic). We had a good cock talking session after dinner, and it was hillarious hearing of Adrian's stories in JB and all the bad encounters that he had to go through. Hopefully the next gathering will come soon, and we can also celebrate the upcoming birthdays (Chris and Ryan).

And thanks to Sze Huat, who passed to us the Ultra Hero series: Ultraman Mebius Infinity mode figure during the dinner. That's one down and many more to go, going by my checklist which I've also written down in last week's post. I'm hoping to get the SIC this week, and hopefully before long the Berserk Garo figure as well. Same problem again month after month: too many new releases, too little money. Guess I'm going for cook house lunches this entire month. I'm also in the midst of repacking all my figures and stuff, in anticipation of my new place being ready in the near future. New place = new space = more toys! I've also made plans to customise 2 new display cabinets to place my stuff in, so hopefully I can get enough toys to make a more impressive display (yeah lame reason to get more toys I know but I feel less guilty this way).

After several sessions of discussions, we have (almost) finally decided with our designer from Ciseern the design theme/style and colour of our new apartment in The Coris. The blue print you see on the left is the original one, but we've made many modifications and hacked away many walls, and even changed the positions of 2 main doors. It's quite a massive effort, and according to our designer will take around 2 months for the renovations to complete. Mabel and I spent a long time talking about the colour themes, and even choosing a wall paper took us an eternity. Too bad I can't show you guys the completed design, but even if I could I'd rather keep the surprise till the house warming party, most probably by the end of the year in December. For those who can't come (either I forgot to invite you or you don't know me or you're from overseas) , I'll definately post up pictures here as well. Both me and Mabel are really excited as renovation work will begin in 2 weeks time. It means a busy time for the both of us but having already waited so long for this, we can't wait to see our designer put our ideas into life, and having our own place really means a lot to us as well. The countdown begins soon! :)

Message to Mabel dar dar:
After our hourse renovations are completed, I'll begin plans for another holiday next year as promised, perhaps during Valentine's day, to either Taiwan or Osaka. Yes, another Japan trip is on the horizon! Woo hoooo!

Mabel and I also visited the Philips carnival over at their ware house this week. And as expected, the place was packed as many of their electrical appliances were on clearance sales and it was quite a bargain. We got for ourselves a 26 inch LCD TV for our room in the Coris, and a vacuum cleaner, an electrical flask, an iron, and even a rice cooker, all at bargain prices. It never fails to plan early, and since these items were going at attrative prices we'd figure we might as well get them early.


Our second wedding photo shoot was cancelled due to inclement weather today. Such bad luck as it's going to be the second time that we had to make another appointment. Well on the bright side, it gives me ample time to get a haircut as my hair was getting messy. Rainy days at home make good photoshop sessions, so I got out my camera, Garo and Gouten figure and Todoroki figure and made this little comic, so that I can post it up in the Ultraman Lah forums under the Twisted Bandai Theater section. Unfortunately you would need to be a fan of the series to understand the joke. :)



Ok that pretty up sums up for this week. I'll leave you people with a clip of Hard Gay, in a hilliarious spoof of Kamen Rider, here known as Kamen Rider HG. Do keep an eye out for the Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee impersonators near the end of the clip. Too bad we don't get to see these 2 in action as they look pretty goofy as well. Until the next post, happy anniversary to Ultraman Lah!

No comments: