Monday, November 26, 2007

今週の土曜日はJLPT3です!合格したい!

The Japanese Language Proficiency Test (日本語能力試験), or JLPT, is a standardized test to evaluate and certify the language proficiency of non-native Japanese speakers. It is held internationally once every year, on the first Sunday of December. The JLPT has four levels beginning at level 4 and progressing to level 1 - the most difficult.

Having missed my JLPT last year due to an overseas work attachment, the long wait is finally over and I can now take the test this year. Most of my Japanese classmates have already cleared this test last year. For me, although I missed the chance to clear it last year, I pressed on with my JLPT level 2 studies this year. So, while my other classmates can relax this year, I'll need to study by myself and clear this, while also preparing for next year's level 2 paper, which is the killer one. So, with 1 additional year of practise and preparations, it should be a walk in the park for me.... by right. But still, having gone through some of the past years papers, I think I'd better take some time off this week to ensure that I don't embaress my sensei..... So, wish me good luck this coming Sunday afternoon!

With the year coming to and end, it signals the end of the 2 Tokusatsu shows: Kamen Rider Den-O and Jyuken Sentai Gekirangers. I've been watching both shows since the start of the end, and both have been really entertaining, while also costing a hole in my pocket with their merchandise. With only about 2 more months to go before the finale, news of the new Super Sentai and Kamen Rider show have already hit the net. There are teaser pics of the new Rider, and also some silhouette pictures of the new Sentai team here and there. Den-O, particularly have been a really refreshing Kamen Rider series. While it will be another 2 years before the local audience get to see the dubbed version on TV, I'll be seeking out the latest Kamen Rider and Super Sentai information and post pics up as soon as they're out.

I've been eyeing some stuff this Christmas season, so Mabel will know what to do when she's read this entry. First, a Genesis Climber Mospeada figure which transforms! Old school anime fans born in the late 70s or 80s will remember this show, where the cool looking bikes transform to form an armor on the pilot's suit. Loved this as a kid, and so I'll be looking out for this figure when it gets released. Second figure on my Christmas wish list is Clare from Claymore. I was really hoping to get this figure in Akihabara while I was there, but it wasn't released yet and was only available for pre-order. Hopefully I'll be able to find this here, or I'll have to import. I don't usually keep any resin figures of anime figurines, although I have a Yuna figure from FFX-2, which I bought at a bargain price while figure shopping in Taiwan a few years back. So, if Mabel can't get any of these 2 items I guess I'll have to settle for a PS3. Ok dar? :p

I've finally taken a break from Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core and began to work on another game. This time, I'm getting my hands dirty with Silent Hill: Origins. I've got some previous experience wondering around in Silent Hill, back on the original game for the Playstation. I've played a couple of hours on the sequel, but didn't get to complete it. Silent Hill is a survival horror game franchise, and instead of the usual scare tactics used in the Resident Evil series, it banks on psychologically instilled fear instead. Most of the team, the game just creeps the player out, especially when you're transported to this "Other world", where everything becames blood soaked, and horrififying, reminiscent of hell. I'm about half way through the game, and it's good to scare yourself silly every once in a while.

Alright, gotta go cramp for my JLPT coming soon. Will most probably update again next Sunday evening after I come back from the test. In the mean time, check out this hillarious Kamen Rider inspired commercial from Thailand. And of course wish me luck for the test! Ja!

No comments: