Saturday, December 13, 2008

お早うレナちゃん~

It's been a tiring 2 weeks with Rena thus far, with her favouring the night time instead of the day and as a result she prefers to stare at us with her eyes wide awake at 3am. Well, usually I'm about to end my game on PS3 anyway.... Haha yah my cycle's messed up, but it's good this way since I wake up later while Mabel takes the earlier shift. I'm still learning how to do a lot of things, but I'm already pretty efficient with most of the routine stuff such as preparing the milk, changing diapers, etc.
Still, I'm thankful for the break from work so that I can concentrate on learning these things and also take time to do most of the things with Rena and Mabel. It can get pretty boring at home at times when they're both sleeping, but at least I still my laptop and PS3 with me. I'm finally going back to where I left off in 3DS Max, and I've also gotten Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm on the PS3. These should last me for a few weeks..... I think. I also finally found time to pick up some of the pieces which I have pre-ordered a few weeks ago. They include the 2 other forms of Den-O in all their SIC glory. I really wanted to stop at these 2 figures for this series but turns out that Bandai really wants to suck us dry and have announced the upcoming lineup with the rest of the Den-O forms and even the remaining Imagins. And as you would have guessed, I've already paid up for the deposit..... I don't usually keep SICs but I think they're pretty cool. I've around 10 of them at home, but I think they come with too many assessories which in the end become useless and have to dump them aside.
Here are some pics I took of the 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-1J Valkryie which I just gotten recently too. I've always wanted one of these but they were too expensive, until they started this new series which are in my opinion, value for money considering the amount of details they have. This new generation of kits feature full transformation capabilities which even surpass their larger 1/48 counterparts, and have resolved a lot of the problems which faced the previous models. On top of this, they come complete with all colors and details, and also includes 2 full sheets of decals which I have yet to start fixing yet. Most probably I'll only use the common ones and skip all the tiny ones as they're really hard to fix without the proper tools.
The super parts form part of the armour for the VF-1J, and although it looks bulky, the parts are extremely well done and for most of them you can even remove part of the cover to reveal the intricate details such as the internal boosters, missiles, etc. My feel? Nice, but in the end no one's gonna see them as they'll all be covered up. Still, the detail is amazing. Transforming to gerwalk and battaloid forms are more complicated and took longer than I anticipated. My first try took me nearly 30 minutes. The whole set comes with additional holders for the stand, additional missile packs, and even anime hands for that extra realistic pose. I'm really tempted to get the stand, but then again it's pretty most costly and may not be worth the buck. I'll be figuring out where to place this kit at home, and also I'll be trying my best to keep this the one and only Macross figure I have. Until of course, they release something more worthwhile..... The long awaited Dragonball movie trailer have finally found its way to Japanese television. There's been a change in the movie name, now officially knowned as Dragonball: Evolution. I'm not sure of why the change, but I'm sure that most of the fans are also now questioning why the abrupt decision. Have they finally decided that they've swayed too much from the source and decided to name it Evolution as a rationale? Anyway, I thought the trailer kicked ass, but hopefully we'll see a US version soon too. Check it out here:


As mentioned in the previous entry, the new Shinkenger pics are out. While I find the kanji motifs very innovative and original for such a long running series, the execution doesn't seem to pull it off very well, especially for Red, whose helmet seems kinda awkard. Well, they always manage to impress in the end, so we'll just have to wait until we see them in action. I'm wishing for a kick ass roll call for next year.
The new information for Kamen Rider Decade has been pouring in much earlier since we're expecting Kiva to end in January. The story revolves around the nine previous universes of the Heisei Kamen Riders merging into one where Tsukasa Kadoya (門矢 士) transforms into Kamen Rider Decade to protect his own dimension by defeating the other Kamen Riders. Masahiro Inoue (井上 正大), who has portrayed Keigo Atobe in the Prince of Tennis musicals, has been cast in the lead role for Decade as Tsukasa Kadoya/Kamen Rider Decade. Also involved is Ryouta Murai (村井 良大) who has been cast as Yuusuke Onodera/Kamen Rider Kuuga (小野寺 ユウスケ/仮面ライダークウガ), Anna Mori (森アンナ) as Natsumi Hikari (光 夏海), and voice actor Renji Ishibashi (石橋 蓮司) as Eijiro Hikari (光 栄次郎). Gackt has been brought onto the production to perform the series' theme song titled "Journey through the Decade." Check out a clip from tv advertising the show:

From the results of the poll (right frame) so far, most people feel that Rena looks a little more like her Dad. Honestly, I can't really tell, but I don't really care much anyway. I just want her to be safe and sound, and above all healthy and lively. This is just a way to prove to Mabel, who insists that Rena looks more like her. Well, as long as you're happy I'm fine. :) Until next time, Ja~!
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

No comments: