Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Goodbye 2012


It's a little late for the new year resolutions but nonetheless, one of the little ones that came right up was the promise to read more and write more. I'm not talking about fancy papers or deep stuff, but simply reading up more to expand the intellectual horizon a little bit, and to reflect and share what I've been doing with the time that is blessed upon me.

It's been so long since the last blog entry I'm not sure how I can catch up. Looking back, the entire 6 months spent in the US seemed to have flown past so quickly right now all I have left are the memories of the activities I've done, the friends I've made, placed I've visited. Thankfully I managed to take enough photos, and condensed the photos into 2 videos which hopefully encapsulates my memories and experience into something easy to archive.


Upon my return to work, all my friends and colleagues seem to greet me with the same phrase. "Welcome back! Looks like you had a great time!" True enough, most of them were my Facebook friends and were not strangers to the hundreds of photos I had taken during my stint there. But I must clarify, the photos were not posted so as to make anyone envious or jealous. I feel lucky and privileged to have been selected, and as much as possible, I wanted to share my experience with friends who were not as lucky as me. I hope the photos have served this purpose, and that even though separated by thousands of miles, people are home are able to see what I have been doing.


I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Mabel for taking care of Rena in my absence, and for making my life so much more comfortable when she joined me in Arizona. Thank you for doing such a wonderful job of taking care of our daughter. I apologise for not being there, and also for the various mistakes I've made that made you angry. I look forward to more trips with you and Rena in 2013, so you can start planning now! :)

As much as possible, I'll try and blog more from now. There's lots to say and reflect on, so hopefully I can keep this resolution going. At least for the 1st quarter, I'd say. :p

No comments: