Friday, July 14, 2006

さあ、一所懸命で長い道を走る!

Work being hectic has sort of become a norm now. My presentation to ACGS (int) last week went well, although my tongue got tied a little due to the fact that I was in front of so many senior officers. I thought I could do better, but many people were saying I did a good job as the guests were impressed by what we had to offer. Seems I will be doing more presentations in the near future.....

I'm getting used to my job, but carrying around a notebook (the paper type ones) and running around keeping track of deadlines and tasks seems a bit chaotic. I'm contemplating getting a PDA phone as almost everyone in camp's spotted with one. Everybody's so busy and for me I'm having a hard time writing everything down, especially when I have to struggle to decipher my own handwriting later on. Thinking of getting a O2 a mini but will have to check out the price first.

I was browsing through the Daryl Cagle's Professional Cartoonists Index and found some funny pictures regarding the North Korea missile incident which happened early last week. It was pretty humorous how these American cartoonists reacted to the incident, which saw North Korea acting like an attention seeking idiot firing 7 missles which were said to be able to reach America. Many of these cartoons depicted North Korean communist leader Kim Jong Il as a twit, not caring about the hunger his people is suffering from and insisting on "protecting themselves against the rest of the world". Here's another fave of mine:

It's actually kind of sad, how North and South Korea were on the verge of reconcilation after all these years at war, and Kim had to ruin it all by doing something as dumb as this. Now all the world's major powers are on their back, with China being the only power house in the United Nations still standing by their actions. Unless Kin wakes up his idea, North Koreans are going to suffer with the other countries either stopping their food aid or taking financial sanctions against them. They're not only going against America. They're going against the world. It's a battle they can't win, and I'm not sure how what are they plans, considering they're in quite a desperate situation..... with no food and yet capable of making nuclear weapons capable of mass destruction.

I've recently stepped up training for my AHM (Army Half Marathon). Having learnt my lesson last year, I'm determine to do some progressive training this time round. Previously, I thought I could finish the 21km easily with almost no training, and how I regretted. Sure I completed the run within the required timing, but I was my worst in 5 runs, and I had an aching body for days to boot. This year round, I'm gonna build up my stamina and hopefully break my own personal record.

To make things more interesting, I'm going to sign up for the Standard Chartered Marathon. Yes! 42 km of madness! As of now, I don't think I can finish it, but I still have a few months to train up for it. And even if I don't make it, I'll still be proud of trying, and of course there's next year.... if I don't die in this one.

A new Spider-man 3 teaser poster has been announced. It's one of those 3D type of posters where the image changes as you walk past it, from one side to another. In this case, the spidey suit changes from its original colour to that of the symbiote's. Absolutely amazing and I can't wait to see this poster live.

The Transformers live action movie's teaser trailer has also been revealed recently. Nothing much to shout about yet, though some images of the rumoured Optimus Prime has been floating around on the net. I'm hoping that this movie will retain the feel of the G1 Transformer series, but I've been disappointed by so many recent films that I'm ready for some upsets. And yeah, I wasn't impressed by Superman Returns, despite the good reviews.


Just 13 days more to go before we take flight for Tokyo! On the first day, we have to rush from the airport to the inn in Ikebukuro, and check in as soon as possible, because we've already gotten tickets for the ULFES Special Night Concert, where there will be an exclusive live show and a meet the stars session. Hopefully my Japanese can be put to good use on that day and I can at least have a short (but meaningful) conversation with some of the actors and actoresses. Here's a brief overview of our itinerary:

27-Jul Day 1, Thu

- Arrival in Narita
- Travel to Ikebukukro
- Check-in Ryokan
- Visit Sunshine City
- Attend ULFES Special Night

28-Jul Day 2, Fri

- Attend Ultraman Festival
- Visit Bandai Museum (Gundam!)
- Yamashiroya
- Tokyo Towers (night scenery!)

29-Jul Day 3, Sat
- Odaiba
- Akihabara (maid cafe?)
- Asakusa Temple (lucky charms)

30-Jul Day 4, Sun

- Visit to Studio Ghibli (Spirited Away, My Neighbout Totoro)
- Nakano Broadway Toy Hunting
- Harajuku / Shibuya

- Shinjuku / Kabuki-cho

31-Jul Day 5, Mon
- Ultraman Street
- Yokohama (if possible)


Alrighty.... I've got a lot of things coming up and I'm too tired to type anymore, having just ran 14 rounds downstairs in my neighbourhood park. I've got my car coming soon, I've just received the HDB loan letter, I'm planning for the Tokyo trip, and I'm also training up for AHM. So many things to do, but at least it's better than wasting my life away doing nothing. Until my next update, keep checking back and do leave a message in my tag box. It's on the right in case you've missed it. :) Take care and remember to make the minutes count.

No comments: