Sunday, July 02, 2006

10th Year Graduation BBQ!

Wow, can you believe that it's been 10 years since we've graduated from secondary school? It's incredible how fast time flies, and amazingly it feels like it was just yesterday when we were putting on our school uniforms, and packing those textbooks for class. I think we also share a common understanding when I say we've been through an enjoyable time together back then. It was a memorable and enjoyable 4 years in secondary school, and these friends of mine certainly made those days unforgettable. Although we haven't been having gatherings for some time, all of us still felt close to each other and had no trouble connecting to each other and expressing our frustration with work, or talking about the good old days in back in Dunman Secondary school, class 4B.

It was a pity some of the guys didn't make it, such as Tiang Ping, Liqun and Eng Guan. But it was great meeting some friends which I haven't seen in years, like Diana and Aihua. Miss Ling, our form teacher back then also turned up, much to our delight. I'd like to give a special "Thank you" to Betty, Darren and Cedric who organised this gathering. These guys took effort to plan and co-ordinate, as well as to prepare the food and set up the BBQ pit. Kudos to these guys, and I sincerely thank you. Hopefully the next gathering won't take another 10 years (won't lah hor), and I really hope to catch of with these friends and hang out more often, rather than waiting for events to be planned. For the people who want to see more photos, click here for my flickr album.
Headed over to Sunshine Plaza this afternoon to confirm on my orders for the Ultraman Lah Tokyo ULFES exclusive (phew...) T-shirt. Regardless of Mabel's complaints, I've went ahead and got 1 printed for her as well. Although it's very likely that she'll only wear this shirt once, it would be cool for us to wear the same "couple t-shirt" when we are at the ULFES. While looking around at the new stuff at Latendo, the newly arrived Kamen Rider heads made me drool, and I had no choice but to get a few as they were pleading and begging for me to bring them home. As the entire set of 15 would set me back over a hundred bucks, I could only afford a select few, and decided on these 4: Hibiki, Kabuto, and the new Ichigo and Nigo. Back home, I even took my Hibiki head and placed it on my SIC Hibiki. Hillarity ensures but I wasn't sure if Mabel got my joke as I placed the now Super Deformed looking Hibiki on our bed.

Well, there's more money to be burnt on toys this month. Wish list for now: Garo + Goten set, and the SIC set of Kamen Rider Hibiki Kurenai and Kamen Rider Todoroki. Both are must-haves, and I need them both to complete my current collection. For Garo, which has since became one of my fave series of all time, Goten is too much of a beauty to resist. As for the SIC Todoroki, I had so much fun with SIC Hibiki and his gigantic head that I just need to complete my SIC collection for this series. Not too many to go.... just Ibuki, Zanki, Eiki, Sabaki, and Danki to go mah. :) For the Garo series, just Bersek Garo, Winged Garo, and Dark Knight Kiba to go. Not too many to go lah, hor Dar? I know I promised to save but since our car is not here yet.... Just take it that I need to fill our my display shelf for our new house.

Sony Pictures has released the first theatrical teaser for the upcoming blockbuster Spider-man 3. You can find the HD version of the trailer on the official website. In my opinion, the teaser was awesome. But sadly the black symbiote costume is going to be just a palette swap after all. This is going to get some fans pissed...... But come to think of it, it would make more sense for the costume design to remain the same, as opposed to the one in the comics. No matter what, I'm looking forward to this one.

No comments: