Sunday, October 15, 2006

セントーサデ結婚写真撮りました

We've finally finished shooting our wedding photos today! Third time's a charm as this is already the second time we had to change the shooting date. The first time there was something wrong with the photographer's camera, and the second time the weather wasn't great so we postphoned it. The weather was great today abeit a little hazy due to the Sumatra fires. I'm pretty relieved to have this out of the way, and thanks to Wendy who was there with us and helped take some photos with our own camera.

We went for a more casual style, and opted the beach as one of the venues for the shoot. We were dressed in our own clothes this time, and did many of our own poses. I went with my "Hibiki san" pose while Mabel went for her usual lucky 7 hand sign. There weren't too many people on the beach, which is good cause we didn't want to have too many people obstructing the view. Many others on the beach were stopping and looking at us, but I didn't really mind much. Mabel was a little embarressed, but we still went ahead with some dumb poses and had lots of fun. Piggybacks and sand kicking were all in good order and done in class. Strolls on the beach? Checked. Indian tree hide and seek? Checked. More pics will be posted up later, when we get the photos albums.

It'd take at least 2 weeks before we can see the pictures and another month before we can collect the prints. Hopefully it'll be in time for our new flat's house warming. We're entitled to 28 prints, and I'm sure I'll reject many of the pictures, simply because I'm not as photogenic as Mabel and absolutely hate how I look in some of the pictures. Either I look too fat (which I am slowly becoming), or look lost (which I am, sometimes).

Betty organised a birthday party for 2 our the Dunman Sec 4B 1996 alumni last weekend. It's been a few months since the last gathering, and it was great meeting up again, this time for a Japanese lunch together. Cedric and Andy were the birthday boys, and there was even a sumptious chocolate cake prepared for the occasion. I even had a chance to see Darren's car, a chio chio Mitsubishi Colt Plus with lots of add ons. Too bad I got no money to zeng my car, so the only stuff I can put in are my beloved Ultraman figures. I'll try and meet the guys to wash our cars, but due to me being on course these days it's hard to find time.... sorry fellows but I'll join in soon!

I've bought the last of the Kamen Rider Hibiki S.I.C series, which features Danki, Sabaki, and Eiki. It's the last of the riders which were shown in the series, and until they release the movie riders or the customised riders seen in hobby magazines, I'm happy that my wallet is safe for the time being. However, there are still some items which I've yet to get for this month. They are the Garo vol 6: Kiba, as well as the Soul of Vinyl Kamen Rider series. Mabel was already aiming at my neck when I told her I spent
nearly $100 bucks (on the S.I.C and the K.R Ultimate Soild series, which were great and now sitting on my office desk). Guess it's time to go slow on the figures..... for the time being.

I've been watching the Kabuto series for quite some time now, and I like it pretty much although some of the rider designs are a little bit over the top. I hated Kabuto's main rider design the first time I set my eyes on it, but as the episodes went pass I began to like it more and more. Perhaps it's due to the main character, who's the most egotistical person ever in the history of KR. Nonetheless, this person has managed to boost viewer ratings by making young Japanese girls tune in every week. The series is going through a confusing plot and is starting to dabble in time travel, so hopefully the series will end off in a high note and not like some of the other KR series which ended weakly. And as a side trivia note, Kabuto/Tendou's phrase "天の道を行き、全てを司る" means "Walking the path of Heaven, ruler of all". And he always quotes his Granma by saying "お婆ちゃんが言っていた。。。”



Here's some more information about the show: Kamen Rider Kabuto, Masked Rider Kabuto in English, is a Japanese tokusatsu superhero television series. It is the sixteenth installment in the popular Kamen Rider franchise of tokusatsu programmes. It is a joint collaboration between Ishimori Productions and Toei. The series is currently being broadcast on TV Asahi, and its first episode aired on January 29, 2006. The series represents the 35th anniversary of the Kamen Rider franchise, as indicated by a notice at the beginning of the pilot episode reading, in Japanese, "Kamen Rider 35th Anniversary Production". The series' primary theme is the use of "Forms"—That is, each Rider has both a sleek "Rider Form" and a bulky, defensive "Masked Form". Kabuto is the first New Generation Rider to shout the famous line "Rider Kick" before performing Kamen Rider's signature move. Though he uses a different kind of kick, other New Generation Kamen Riders never called their finishers as Rider Kicks (although Rider Kick is the name of Kamen Rider Agito's Ground Form finisher). Kabuto is the fourth Kamen Rider to have these lines accompanied by Kamen Rider 1, Kamen Rider 2, and Kamen Rider BLACK.

Some Ultraman Mebius news now. Mebius is going to receive yet another upgrade! It's his forth form, following Mebius Brave and Mebius Infinity. This new form is called Mebius Burning Brave, and will appear in the series in 2 weeks time. And guess who's making a come back?



Yes!! Ultraman Taro makes his appearance in the series! It's been over a few decades since fans last seen him, and boy it brings back some memories. Taro is Mebius's instructor back on M78, and have been sent here to assist Mebius. Will Mebius and Taro be able to take on the enemies and save Earth? I'm sure they can. All they need to do is to execute their special moves when their timers go blinking, and make the viewers wonder why the hell did they take that long and not do the freaking killing move in the first place. Haha!

Ultraman Mebius in a Japanese Kindergarten!

I've been reading up on the Naruto manga for some time now, since the anime fillers suck and I need to know what happens to Naruto and Sasuke after the time jump. As of this week, a Jounin is on the verge of death! I won't tell who, since it's going to be a spoiler for those who don't download the manga. But this person plays quite an important role in the manga as he is related to the 3rd.... oops maybe I've said a little too much. And speaking of spoilers I just realised that the picture I've posted above already IS a spoiler. Anyway, most of the Akatsuki guys are pretty interesting and it'll be cool to see how the ninjas from Konoha take these S-class criminals down.
For those who visit often, you'll notice an all new chat box. That's because there's a problem with the old one and it's been down an entire week. Do leave a message behind and give the new chat box a try. It doesn't take long but it lets me know who's been here and brightens up my day. Take care, and always remember: fun is as important as work.


"You don't stop playing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop playing."

No comments: