Saturday, April 28, 2007

妻がもう一度台湾へ行きました。家に一人では寂しいになってきます。。。

We organised and held our "official" house warming last Saturday. Because we didn't want to over-invite and neglect certain groups of friends, this session was focused on our colleagues, while the previous sessions comprised of classmates and other friends. And it was a busy day to say the least. We counted over 50 guests who turned up, and even though the catering only prepared food for 30 pax, we still had quite a bit of food left over by dinner, and thankfully some other friends turned up later to help with the food. The top photo features my close friends from OCS. Most of them are featured in the picture, except for the some who couldn't make it and JJ who came (very) late. Thanks guys for coming!

We had a pretty decent spread for lunch, even if I say so myself. It was from a recommendation from one of Mabel's colleagues. Not pictured inside is the dim sum which came later, courtesy of her friends. Too bad I didn't get to eat some of the dishes as I was too busy playing host.

Mabel's colleagues came in full force! And due to the small space that we have to offer we had to indent 15 extra chairs to be put in the lobby. Mabel, as usual, went through a few sessions of acting as the tour guide. She's especially excited to introduce the rest to her walk in wardrobe and to declare that I have 20% worth of clothes in it.
Some of my friends from work dropped by as well. They're Teng Hui and his girl friend, Guan Seng, Wei Sheng and Devan. Too bad the rest didn't make it due to other commitments. And oh yeah, great shirt, Devan.

The girls from Mabel's company were being kept busy with some of our old photo albums. Close friends would realise that Mabel simply loves taking pictures. Some how we don't really develop any photos nowadays due to the fact that we archive our pictures either in our computer and upload the nicer ones on my blog.

I'm glad there was space to accomodate everyone in the end..... Space was a big consideration during the planning process. But with this house warming over, I can now say that our apartment has been "initiated", and we'll still be having regular gathering sessions here in the future. And again, thanks to all who turned up, and for the many gifts as well. It was great playing host, and we hope to have you over again soon.

Another Mabel special this week! Very similar to last week's chicken chop noodles, but with a different type of teriyaki/BBQ sauce. She also sprinkled some of the rice seasoning she got from Osaka, which tasted great. The miso soup was also an added bonus. The mashed pototoes didn't really fit into the eastern cuisine menu, but still it was a really filling and satisfying meal.

I went to Sunshine Plaza recently and finally got for myself the set of SD Kamen Rider Den-O (仮面ライダー電王) key chains. I also got the 3 rangers from Jyuken Sentai Gekirangers (獣拳戦隊ゲキレンジャー), which are now part of the displays on my fridge. I've also ordered some of the Rider Hero sets, and will be getting them pretty soon. With the end of the Ultraman Mebius series, I've been watching a lot of Kamen Rider and Sentai shows lately. I've never been a big fan of Sentai (戦隊), or more commonly known to the rest of the world as the Power Rangers. I've found them too kiddy and the storylines not deep enough, although I like the fancy smancy poses and the mysterious pyrotechnics that appear whenever they henshin (変身). But this year's series, Gekirangers seem to be a little different. They're based on Beast style fighting, which resemble more of Chinese Martial Arts to me. The 2 female leads in the show are 超可愛い!Not Morning Musume level yet, but still pretty cute. I'd give this series a try, before the predictable storylines finally bore me enough to stop. Here's a clip of the action:

I recently took a picture of all my Naruto related manga for a post I wanted to make at the GotWoot forum. It's a great forum, one which I go to everyday. The management is great in preventing any spamming, and a lot of indepth discussion is generated every day. Go there if you're an anime fan with real anime realted issues to dicuss and talk about. I believe I'm one out of two only Singaporeans participating in the forum there.... Anyway, I've been collecting manga almost 20 years ago, and I've almost completed my Deathnote manga collection. Just 1 more to go!
Passed my Japanese test taken 2 weeks ago. Not really a high score, considering that there are people who got full marks, and that the test is more of a revision of the mock test we did the week before the actual test. I'm glad I did well for the oral test though. It was more or less reading from the passage I posted in the last blog entry, together with a mini conversation based on my passage. I've always thought that it was pretty easy speaking in Japanese, due to the simple pronounications based on the hiragana characters. I used to repeat interesting dialogue in anime shows, so speaking in Japanese wasn't that hard to me. Hey, what do you expect from a person who can sing entire Japanese songs.... *cough* MM *cough* And oh yeah, a new elementary 1 class has just started last week. It's in the same day and perioud as my Upper Intermediate 2 class, which falls on Mondays from 6.30pm to 9.30pm. If you're interested, do give me a call soon, and we can even be going to class together.... just in different rooms that's all. :)


Ryoutarou gains his 3rd form, and only 1 more form to go. Hana-san is great! She keeps slapping those imagin around, and I do hope that she can go on and become a female rider since she's a singularity point as well. Check out the 1st time Ryoutaro henshins into his Axe form in the clip above.

Not much happening again this week, and I'm still thinking of what I can do today and tomorrow. I don't wanna rot at home, but I'm not too sure where else I can go. Perhaps I'll go walk around town by myself, but it sucks to have meals alone in crowded places. I still have to clean up the house before Mabel comes back, but there's more than enough time and there's nothing more worthy of procrastination than house cleaning chores. Till next week, cya!

No comments: