Thursday, June 07, 2007

僕は見ているの特撮、アニメ、ドラマ番組!

This week's update will highlight all the shows that I'm currently "chasing". Not a lot, but enough to keep me entertained. Most of them are either tokusatsu or anime shows, so you're able to either view through youtube or download them. For me, I've been spoilt by having my own space now, so I only watch my shows through my 42' HD TV. Muahaha! *damn those electricity bills*

I'll start of with the only non Toku/anime show:
The recently concluded season 1 of Heroes just left me with more questions and more anticipation for season 2, titled Generations. Hiro is easily my favourite character in the show, not just for his geekiness or otaku like nature. The teaser for season 2 leaves him stranded back in ancient Japan, so I guess more or less the next season is going to focus on him. Next up, the anime shows:

Just a few more episodes before I complete the series! The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yūutsu) is a great series, and it's ending sequence has spawned countless spoofs and live dances that it takes a few hours to finish watching on youtube. Great stuff, and some of the spoofs on the ending sequence really makes you laugh out loud, either at how ridiculous it is or how much time some people have.

Still watching DeathNote, although some of the hype has been taken over by a new anime, which I will highlight below. Still an outstanding series, but I really miss L. Some how his successors don't appeal as much, and maybe because I've been reading up on the manga the anime doesn't seem that exciting these days.
I still download the weekly Naruto: Shipuuden episodes, but I don't really watch them anymore. The pacing of the episodes is really really slow, and I'd rather read the manga, which I have been reading in a weekly manner. I might watch a few episodes at one go if I ever run out of stuff to watch.
Bleach is even worse. As much as I like the series, the anime transition leaves much to be desired. I'm much better off waiting for the manga, which unlike Naruto I don't really download, but wait for the official manga from the stores.
Another good show is Kekkashi. My uncle introduced this show to me, and I've been following it since a few months back. It's about demons and such, with a good dosage of comedy splashed in. I've noticed that the manga is selling in a lot of book stores, but I'd rather watch the anime for this particular series.
Been getting this series known as Darker than Black. Only watched up to 3 episodes, so can't comment much. Looks promising, but I've got other shows to finish in the meantime.

Another show which seems promising is Hayate the Combat Butler. I've downloaded this because I hear that it features tons of parodies from other animes and video games, and from the 6 episodes I've watched so far they're correct. There's spoofs of Gundam, Inuyasha, Conan the Dectective, Dragonball, and even Metal Gear Solid. Will try and catch up to the current episode soon. Not too big a fan of the character designs though. Too moe for my likes. :(

Now, the series which has really captivated me and has all my attention. Claymore. It's a really rockin' fantastic series, and I can't express how awesome this series is through words. 5 stars in my records, and I highly recommend this series to anyone who reads this. If you like a series with a good plot together with demons in a fantasy world, this is the perfect series. Trust me and download this now. Episode 1 was already good enough to get me hooked.

On to the tokusatsu shows. 1st is of course this year's Kamen Rider show, Kamen Rider Den-O. It's more of a comedy series compared to the previous few seasons of Kamen Rider. I wasn't really into the rider designs, but kinda accepted them now. Generally a good show, and let's hope it doesn't fall apart like last year's Kabuto.

Last but definately not least, this year's super sentai series: Jyuken Sentai Gekirangers. I've mentioned that I wasn't into Sentai, but this show proves other wise. If I carry on and finish watching this series, it will be the only sentai series I've ever completed watching. I've only seen a few episodes here and there of recent years of sentai, and I didn't really like much due to it's pretty weak plots. But this series with the whole animal and martial arts combo is really entertaining, and I like the 2 female leads too... heh.

That's all for this special update. Check back soon!

No comments: