Sunday, June 17, 2007

父の日に美味しい食べ物をやって見ました!

An update after a pretty eventful weekend! We celebrated Father's day by going for the famous Beach Road big prawn noodles. Parking the car was a pain, but we eventually got a lot by the main road. Luckily we found a space for my whole family pretty fast, and the order queue wasn't too long although the shop seemed packed. Good food is worth waiting for I guess.....

The noodles didn't come cheap. They came in orders of $5, $8 and $10. We ordered our shares, and with 5 people (my parents, sister and of course Mabel), the total cost amounted to around $50, with some other side dishes and drinks. It was a little on the expensive side, but the prawns were really huge and the noodles were pretty good too. All in all, it was a fantastic meal and Mabel's already planning for a second trip.

Our friends came over for dinner on Saturday, because Haiquan and his girl friend Kai Ling just came back from the States and have never come to our house before. They got us dinner from Serangoon Gardens Chomp Chomp, and the dinner spread was a sight to behold.

We spent most of the time either playing games on our PSPs (the guys) or talking about plans for the upcoming Japan trip during the end of the year (the girls). Misa was also the talk of the town for a while, and she was fast gaining popularity as everyone wanted to hold her. She's hot I tell ya.

More on Misa-chan: I've decided that we name her Misa Misa! The poll results: Total of 98 votes, with Misa Misa getting 65 votes and Xiao Bai getting 33! Although I've noted that some of the voters voted multiple times, with 1 guy/gal supporting Xiao Bai and another voting for Misa, the results are final. Even Mabel calls her Misa nowadays. Misa's getting plump these days due to her daily dose of good food and vitamins. I gave her a bath not too long ago, and she looks too cute, being wet and enjoying her hair treatment with the hair dryer. Will try to video it down and post it up after her next bath.

My Mum gave me 2 small SD figurines of Ultraman today. She got them by chance in the toy stores in the market, and of course, knowing that I've got a small collection of Ultraman and Kamen Rider figures she got me these to add to my growing collection. They look awesome and will be a treasured part of my collection.

My sister came back from Tokyo not too long ago and got for us some Japanese snacks as well as these gifts. Mabel's snacking away at the preserved clams as I write this entry, and she's already decided on what to buy during our next trip to Ameyoko, when we visit Tokyo again.

It seems that a new Kamen Rider movie is in the works. Titled "Kamen Rider: The Next", it's a direct sequel to "Kamen Rider: The First". Being the next installment, a new rider has entered the fray. This time it's Kamen Rider V3, and like the first movie which based the design and story on the very first 2 riders, a new suit has been designed, and it looks kickass. Will post more pictures of the movie as I find them.

On the topic of new suits, Batman has just got a new one too. From his new movie "The Dark Knight", which is the sequel to "Batman Begins", he will be getting a new suit. The Batsuit was modified, with new stretchy rubber lines helping bind the costume to Christian Bale, and suggesting sophisticated new technology. It is made of 200 individual pieces of rubber, fiberglass, and nylon. The new cowl was modelled after a motorcycle helmet and separated from the neck piece, allowing Bale to swivel his head. The gauntlets had their razors made retractable and able to be fired. Plot for the new movie: Batman, with the help of Lieutenant James Gordon and District Attorney Harvey Dent, is dismantling the remaining criminal organizations that plague Gotham City. He and his allies soon find themselves the target of the machinations of a mysterious criminal mastermind, known only as The Joker. Christopher Nolan, director of Batman Begins, continues as the director of the sequel, which stars Christian Bale again as Batman and Heath Ledger opposite Bale as the Joker. The Dark Knight has a tentative release date of July 18, 2008 in the United States.

Plot: High-school student Sam Witwicky buys his first car, who is actually the Autobot Bumblebee. Bumblebee defends Sam and his girlfriend Mikaela Banes from the Decepticon Barricade, before the other Autobots arrive on Earth. They are searching for the Allspark, and the war on Earth heats up as the Decepticons attack a United States military base in Qatar. Sam and Mikaela are taken by the top-secret agency Sector 7 to help stop the Decepticons, but when they learn the agency also intends to destroy the Autobots, they formulate their own plan to save the world. It seems that Singapore is getting an earlier release date than the US, so you can bet I'll be making my reservations soon....
My friend Mervyn passed me this link a few days ago, and it's got me laughing my ass off. It's a clip of an old indian movie, and apparantly it's a rip off from Michael Jackson's Thriller MTV. The best thing about this clip is that some genius added in English subtitles based on what the indian song's lyrics sound like. Check out this clip! No offence to Bollywood fans though...
Now for the Chinese version!

On more funny clips with edited subtitles, here is a new version of the Death Note second OP. Hillarious if you've been watching the Death Note anime or like the song "What's Up People" by Maximum The Hormone.

More Death Note parody, here with a new twist!


I've designed and printed out on paper the above image and pasted it on the rear windscreen of my car. I've been procrastinating about getting my decal done cause I've been trying to design one for the side of my car but nothing good as come up. Still, the paper version I've pasted in my car looks good, and I'll definately want a decal so I can make it clearer and stick it outside my windscreen instead of inside the car. For the unenlightened, the text means "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." It's the catch phrase from the Kamen Rider Kabuto series. That's all for this update. Ja!

No comments: