Sunday, December 27, 2009

Rena - Camera Star

We had our first official celebrations with Rena this year, since last year didn't really count as Mabel was still in confinement. We headed over to the bright lights over in town, and Mabel was fasinated with all the glowing lights as well as those huge christmas trees. We also had a couple of gatherings all over the place, and there was much to eat and drink. Haven't been running too much since the marathon, and since I've also signed up for the Adidas Sundown Marathon mid next year, I figure I can rest for a few more days and really start gearing up training once 2010 arrives. And in the mean time, I'll still be clearing my annual leave. I've also been thinking of setting up some new year resolutions, so hopefully the next blog posting should feature some of them. It hasn't really been a great year, but there were lots of memorable times in 2009. More of this in the next post :p
We also spent a few hours in the Singapore Botanical Gardens to have our family pictures taken, and it was also an excursion with some of our friends and their kids. It was pretty fun, albeit a little hot and Rena got pretty tired early on. We then decided to retire from the shoot and had a meal there instead. Still, we thought the place was pretty nice and should be returning in the near future.
Most of my online ordered stuff have already reached, excluding the select few which went out of stock. The latest arrival were my 2 pieces of Finaly Fantasy Play Arts figures: Tidus from FFX and Cloud from Crisis Core: FFVII. Both are really very well detailed, and got me tempted to order more from the same series. I would already have ordered Squall from FFVIII and Yuna from FFX if they were still in stock. I'll be on the look out for them, that's for certain. I've also just gotten myself a new phone this month, and I'm sure you guys know which phone I'm referring to, since most people in Singapore have the same phone, haha. Well, I wasted no time in jail breaking it and having new themes installed through Cydia and Winterboard. I also managed to understand enough about OpenSSH, and did some modifications to my lock screen too. The possibilities are quite endless, and I'm syncing new apps and themes on almost a daily level. The picture you see above is the product of a free app found in the itunes app store, and I've taken lots of pics which you can either see in my Facebook album or in the video I made below :p

And speaking of videos, I've created a new blog site called Akiba Studio. It was created as a means for me extend my creativity by reaching out to more people who enjoy taking pictures of their loved ones, be it their newborn baby, toddler, wife or husband. With the advent of digital photography and internet accessability, basically all of us have the power to share media, through pictures and videos. And with the ease provided by various Social Service Networks such as Facebook or Friendster, it's never been easier to update friends and relatives with the touch of a button. Through my services, I hope to encourage more people to start taking pictures, and eventually create videos and pictures to cherish them as precious memories. Thus, comes the creation of this website. Do check it out, and help me refer to as many people whom you'd think might be interested!

No comments: