Sunday, February 19, 2012

Goodbye Gokaigers


Today marks the end of this season's Super Sentai series, Kaizoku Sentai Gokaigers (海賊戦隊ゴーカイジャー). With the 51st episode broadcasted in Japan earlier this morning, we've come to the conclusion of the 35th Anniversary of Super Sentai. As an celebrative work to mark the anniversary, the unique feature about the Gokaigers was that it featured all previous Sentai teams in the same universe, and hence we were able to expect guest stars and cameos in almost all the episodes. It's fun seeing how they manage to get the same actors to reprise their roles, even after up to 34 years.


In the clip above (taken from the ending of the mid season movie) you can see all 35 Super Sentai teams. Pretty nostalgic since I recognise those which I've watched since I was Rena's age. Yes, I'm thankful for some of the overseas channels back in the early 80s. Rena's a huge fan of this year's show too, and she's learnt quite a bit of Japanese from it too. It's a great show for kids (IMO) since it talks alot about teamwork, bonds, and courage. Some parents may argue about how violet it gets but I figure since it's all people in comical monster suits it can't be that bad.


I've only watched up to episode 50, since I'm still waiting for the subbed version. You can bet I'll be watching it with Rena when it gets released. But there was a scene in episode 50 which I found cool. The members actually repeated their lines said back in episode 1, where they made their first appearance. But this time, the words mean a lot more now. You can sense that the characters have made progress, and that the plot has made significant development on each's back story. It's kinda cool, and I've compiled the 2 scenes into a video and uploaded it here for everyone's viewing pleasure. Until the next post, cya!

No comments: