Thursday, January 19, 2012

MW3 SITREP now!


I last updated in a previous blog post about my status in Modern Warfare 3's multiplayer modes, when I pretty much sucked but managed to improve after changing some of my setup. Nothing as magnificent as that 5.0 KD ratio game, but I did manage to improve my overall KD ratio by 1.2! That's quite a significant jump, especially when it gets progressively harder to try and level it. At least I'm getting closer to a positive KD ratio now. Also, I somehow managed to top my previous kill streak and it's 11 now :)


I changed my set up to include 2 primary weapons this time. Type 95 assault rifle is my primary because my style is usually run and gun, but I'm currently using the MSR as my secondary, which is a sniper rifle. In previous games I usually avoid sniping as I'm too impatient, and get too excited when the enemy is within the sight of my scope. But I'm trying to get used to it, since I found many good GTIs (grounds of tactical importance) which affords a good view to a killing area. Add the Marksman Pro as a perk and I can see enemies when they are even further away. So far, I've already gotten over 200 kills. And still counting.... :p


Another reason why I'm still addicted to the game can be shown in the video clip below. Here you see me taking up a corner position within an urban AO and covering the opposite point of entry. Enemy with a riot shield dashes in and is pinned down by a sentry gun. I run behind him and knife him in his back. Yes, I actually ran through the sentry's field of fire but friendly fire is off. It's such moments of satisfaction that keeps players like myself coming back. Of course there are times where the vulgarities spurt out and I nearly send the controllers flying, but that's another story for another day. :)  

No comments: